Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Fast Forward Three Months....

Wednesday, June 14, 2017....

Due to my procrastination and lack of drive I clearly haven't been keeping up on my blog.  Much of it has to do with my thought process of heading home to VT and spending a lot of time in familiar places, places that have been regular stops in my life, thus not really feeling part of the journey.....Of course everywhere I go and everything I do is part of the journey and I need to just stop be lazy 😃 With that said I am going to begin with a few basics updates, followed by our current travels, and then back to fill in the gaps of the last three months.  I find this a tad difficult to do because if nothing else this journey has shown me I'm far more obsessive than I thought and having things out of order doesn't sit quite right with me.  If I don't do it this way, I'll never get caught up because I am now reliant on public libraries for Internet connections.

Updates:

  • We have a new camper!!!  As you can see I'm very much excited by this fact.  I enjoyed Alex (pop-up hard top A-Liner), but I could not see myself long term travelling with him.  It was a challenge for me to feel settled and organized (I know obsessive behaviour) as I was always working out of plastic bins for clothes, food, pots & pans, etc. because there was really no storage.  We now have a Sonic Lite camper, which has storage for all of those things and is always set-up for us.  When we stop now all we have to do is set up the outside because the inside is already done.
    • We have christened the new camper Elwood....not because of Elwood from the Blues Brothers but because the type of camper is a Sonic which takes us to the speed of sound which in turn takes us to Chuck Yeager, whose middle name was Elwood....whew...that's quite a stretch....but it suits.
  • We have a new vehicle!!!  Yup, I'm excited by that as well.  Our van (Carrie) was rated to tow our new camper, however, it was at the top of it's range and would not really work efficiently with our northern travel plans.  We now have a Ford F150 truck, who has yet to be named.  I originally felt that it should be a male name, truck and all, but it has a bit of a feminine feel to it as well, so I'm thinking it may need to have an androgynous name like Pat or Chris or Sam...but not Sam since that was our dog's name...
  • We left Vermont on Friday, June 2nd, which is where the northern chapter of this story begins...

Friday-Monday, June 2-5, 2017
Total Truck Mileage = 1,405

Our journey begins with a visit to our friend Dan's home in Champlain, NY.  It's not too far from home which makes it a great slow beginning to our journey with our new camper.  We spent a really nice weekend with Dan hanging out, playing cards, and luckily for me he's crazy about Jeopardy too. Dan is an excellent cook as well and he made us a few different things that I will make in my little kitchen while on the road.  

Leave Waterbury, VT 2:56pm - rainy, 56°
Total Truck Mileage = 1,405
Travelling Wilbury's begin our journey as they almost always do 😍
Rte. 89N►Exit 21 (Swanton)►78W►2W (Alburgh)►Welcome to NY (Rouse's Point) 4:25pm ►11S
Arrive Champlain, NY 4:58pm
Miles Traveled - 85






No comments:

Post a Comment