Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!

December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy or is it Merry Kwanzaa?!!  No matter what holiday you celebrate I wish you Joy, Health, and Happiness!

Wilson and I are still here in San Diego with our daughter.  There is a ham in the oven along with scalloped potatoes and I find I have a few moments to add a holiday wish to you.  My daughter is proving to be just as elusive as her father and chooses not to have her photo added to this blog.  I will honor her request, but let's face it, I'm a proud mother and would very much like to plaster her beautiful face all over this post :)

Although this journey is something that I have looked forward to doing for many years, it is days like this that I feel a bit torn about being on the road.  I'm happy to be here with my daughter but I do miss my son and my sisters & brother-in-laws.  There have been times where I haven't been with both my children at Christmas, but that decision was based on what was going on in their lives vs. choices that I've made.  It is also the first Christmas where we are celebrating without our house....I'm not regretting it, but I'm missing the tradition of it all.  We watched White Christmas last night and ate a delicious variety of appetizers, which is traditional for us....Our son is celebrating with his aunt in Maine and I couldn't help but wonder if any of our traditions were being upheld there...of course I can't expect that they are, but I'm only hoping that the last 25 years of tradition are not lost or forgotten because we no longer have a home base.  I know my sister-in-law is making it special and I'm so happy that they are celebrating together.....I just miss having him here with us.

Enough of all of that....Happy Holidays to all!!!!

Gabriela's Advent Tree, still decorated from last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment