Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Welcome to Tucson

Wednesday - Saturday, December 14-17, 2016

An uneventful evening at Walmart.  We woke up early and decided to treat ourselves to breakfast next door at IHOP.  We walk in at 8:00 am to a totally empty restaurant, a bit disconcerting, but we were there...breakfast was fine...we left and we were still the only ones there.

Another day of driving.  The biggest travel news on this day is that I had to pee so bad I thought that I would never make it to an exit with facilities....We did stop in Wilcox, AZ...got off exit 344, but if you are ever in the same position do not get off that exit, rather go until the next one...It took too long to get to a bathroom.....I'm sure you're wondering - and the answer is yes, I made it in time :)

We spent several days with Wilson's niece Amy and her four boys; Justin, Ryan, Gage, and Mason...A lot of testosterone in that home :) - We enjoyed our visit very much - reconnecting with the boys and playing the game Sorry.  I was dubbed "She" and apparently team yellow was a bit intimidating to the boys, as they seemed to gang up on me.

 

Leave Deming, NM 9:20 am
Rte. 10W
Gas - Wilcox, AZ - Shell $2.29/gal
Arrive Tucson 2:24 pm (1/2 hour earlier actually as we were early meeting Amy)
Miles Traveled - 2:37 pm

1 comment: