Sunday, March 25, 2018

Goodbye Port Fairy ...

I'm not quite finished with Port Fairy yet but I realize if I don't keep writing I will fall dangerously behind again and I'm still playing catch up from the last time I failed to keep up.  I'm typing on my tablet which slows me down a bit but as the old adage goes, slow and steady wins the race.  I also don't have my photos loaded to this device so I will need to add them later.

Wilson returned to Port Fairy on Wednesday, March 7.  He arrived in Melbourne on the 6th after a 30 hour flight, spent the night there and picked up the rental car that we had reserved and drove the 3+ hours to our house.  Louise and Max had arrived the previous day to begin the transition of the house sit so all was going along as planned.  I prepared dinner for the four of us and invited Lou and Isabel to join us so we not only had an opportunity to introduce them to Louise and Max but to say goodbye as well.  We had a lovely evening, a great way to end our stay.  Isabel is a fabulous baker.  We've enjoyed many of her "slices" (apparently a general term for any type of bar type sweet), I liked her lemon slice, which I will try to recreate when I get back home.  She also bakes a sponge (cake) for everyone's birthday so Wilson presented his version of a sponge to Isabel as she had a birthday recently.

insert video

Our plan was to leave on Thursday, which we did but not without issue.  We awoke to no water in the house and half of the electricity off.  The breaker switched off due to water in the electrical area of the water pump, which is located outside.  Louise was watering the lawn and the pump filled with water unbeknownst to us.  Given how our sit started it seems almost fitting that something would happen before we left.  No worries though because Louise told me they got it back up and running.  I only regret that I wasn't able to clean our bathroom, which I had saved until last.



No comments:

Post a Comment