Monday, March 5, 2018

The Port Fairy Chapter coming to a close

Our stay here in Port Fairy will be coming to a close in a couple of days.  Louise and Max (Belgium) will be arriving later today and we will be spending the next day and a half passing on a variety of information about the house and animals.

It's bittersweet to be leaving.  In some aspects this stay has been like having our own home which has been good and bad.  It's been good to be able to have a place where we could set down roots, however temporary.  I never really got into the type of routine that I had planned but have been able to feel settled and in many aspects have been able to "nest".  The sit has been bad for the same reasons that its been good.  Staying here has reminded me of how much work goes into having a house.  The upkeep of this house has been the nail in the coffin, confirming that I do not want to own a house again.  The life of a traveller really does suit me.

Wilson is currently in the air and will arrive back to the house tomorrow, early afternoon.  In the last couple of weeks I have done all that I can to get everything done with the house/garden/lawn/animals so that he doesn't have to worry about anything once he's back.  I have planned one last dinner with Isabel and Lou so that we can have a proper goodbye and so that they can meet Louise and Max. 

Staying here has brought out the inner "farm girl" in me.  On more than one occasion I have thought how proud my father would be (he was a farmer at heart).  I have been more than pleased with my interactions with the horses.  They, along with the chooks, have kept me most entertained.  I will be a little sad in leaving, but I'm ready for some time in the city.  We'll leave here and spend a few days on the Great Ocean Road then on to Melbourne for a day and a half.  We'll fly from Melbourne to Auckland, NZ where we have a house/pet sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment