Monday, January 2, 2017

Goodbye San Diego, Hello Camarillo & Penny, Mike & Family

Wednesday-Sunday, December 28, 2016 - January 1, 2017 

It's time to move on...so it's time to say so long to Gabriela and San Diego.  Wilson wants to tour the coast a bit and I want to meet up with one of my friends from Randall Street, who now lives outside of LA.

We decide to go to Camarillo which is located in an area that suits both purposes.  Camarillo is a agricultural area..huge farms cultivating all sorts of vegetables on a large scale.  Driving by this area makes me realize how much work goes into growing the food we eat.  I've always appreciated farmers, but my thought process was always on dairy farmers as that was what I had personal experience (no not me, but my father's family) with.  Watching people work the fields, picking produce gave me a new appreciation for the produce farmers....plus the fields were very beautiful...although there is drought in California, this area is lush and green.

Leave San Diego, CA - 10:45am
Rte. - 8E►15N►91W►71N►57N►210W►134W (turns to 101N)
Arrive Camarillo, CA 3:25pm
Miles Traveled - 198

Thursday, December 29, 2016
After some back & forth with my friend Mike, who happened to live two doors down from me growing up, we have decided to meet in Santa Monica.  Wilson and I feel like we know Santa Monica a little bit because we spent a night there last year and explored a bit.  We met Mike, his wife and three kids and his mother Penny who was visiting.  Penny still lives two doors down from where I grew up.  It was a treat to see her and I think she enjoyed seeing a familiar face from home...crazy that we have to cross the country to have lunch together.

Our time was short, but I was happy that we had the opportunity to visit.  Perhaps next time it can be longer.  We had a delicious lunch at a place called Tender Greens...think Chipolte but for salads...everything was so fresh and delicious, I would recommend to anyone.  I had a salad with falafal and Wilson had a seared tuna..actually I think it was a Nichoise, filled with olives, capers, quail egg and more...Yummy!


1 comment:

  1. Saw Penny this week and she was still talking about your lunch.

    ReplyDelete