Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum & Library

December 30, 2016

We were told that we should go to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum & Library so we set out to do that on Friday the 30th.....getting there the line of cars was way down the hill which promised to be a very crowded experience.  We decided against fighting the crowds and set off to explore the area on our own.  We ended up finding the Strathearn Museum run by the Simi Valley Historical Society, which includes the Strathearn house and other buildings as well as a display of various farm tools large & small.  It was a quaint museum, which you can tell was put together by a group of well intentioned people who love their town.  There was not a lot of cohesiveness to it which was a big part of it's charm.

December 31, 2016
I head off to the Ronald Reagan Museum on my own today.  Wilson has decided against the possible crowds and prefers to watch the college bowl games.  That works out fine as I think it's good that we have time a part sometimes to do the things on our own.  I also tend to like to spend more time in places like this...indeed I spent 4.5 hours touring the museum.

The day started out great!  I got to the museum at 10:30am and had no problem parking.  I parked in the main lot vs. down the hill where a shuttle is used to transport.  I then walk to the main doors and as I approach I'm offered a membership ticket from a woman who picked up too many tickets...Yeah! That saved me $21...gotta love that!  Random acts of kindness are so appreciated on the receiving end as well as the giving end.

That savings and the fact that I got 10 ¢ off gas because of my SafeWay card...it's my lucky day! Looks like dinner out for New Years!

Reagan was an interesting man...amazingly popular and filled with ideas that were often times unpopular, but he got a lot done...The whole experience felt as if he was narrating as there were so many video and audio clips of him.  Much was also made of his relationship with Nancy, apparently it was a true love affair.

1 comment:

  1. What? No mention of talking to your sister while at the museum?

    ReplyDelete