Monday, February 26, 2018

Meet Lou & Isabel

Meet Lou & Isabel, our fantastic neighbors! Last night I had tea with them.  Tea is actually supper :) Lou and Isabel are incredibly sweet and have helped make our stay here in Port Fairy so nice.  We've had them over a couple of times and they have taken us for a drive, where we saw a koala bear up close and they took us to the Tyrendarra Agricultural Show.

I realized that I didn't have any pictures of them so took some the other day.  Lou has a little mischief about him that you can see in his smile...we're so lucky to have met them!  I wanted a picture with and without his hat as you can see below.  The video is one I made with the photos as he was putting on the hat....I think it captures both Isabel and Lou as the beautiful people that they are.  Plus, I think it's cool that I can put the pictures together to make a video.  Perhaps at some point I will catalog our trip in this fashion:)

I don't care for the water here at the house, it has slight taste to it that I don't care for.  It's slight so I don't have a problem with it when I make coffee or tea but I just can't drink it straight.  Most people collect rain water for their drinking water as well as the water that is used in the house.  We have three tanks that collect the rain water.  We also have a bore tank that supplies the water to the horses and is what I use when watering the lawn.

 

Check out the koala bear that we saw along the side of the road when we took our drive.  It sounds like a pig:)


                                          

Lou and Isabel raise Black Angus.  It's been nice having the cattle around as I learned earlier in our adventures that I missed seeing them (our first trip I barely saw any).  I find living here brings out the farm girl in me.  My father and grandparents would be very proud of me.

We had the pleasure (maybe not pleasure but it was interesting) to be around while Lou had the virility of his bulls tested.  There was one young bull that didn't need help...he was quite "randy" with the other bulls while he was waiting for his turn to be tested:)

Warning!  PG13 Video (lol - I couldn't help myself)


Most of our travels have been in summer or winter.  We arrived in Australia at the end of spring which was really nice because we got to see a wide variety of plants blooming.  Isabel has beautiful gardens that have bloomed throughout our stay here.  There's always something blooming.  We've spent much time in the desert and have seen many cacti but have yet to see any of them in bloom.  How lucky for us that Isabel had a cactus in her yard that we were able to see in bloom.







No comments:

Post a Comment