Friday, February 23, 2018

Moments in History (MIH) – Meet the Robertsons – Decatur, IL


Tuesday – Saturday, July 18-22, 2017


As I’ve mentioned many times before one of the best parts of our travels is meeting up with family and friends.  July found us in Decatur, IL where Wilson’s cousin Carol and her husband Joe live.  Carol’s mother Marion is also living in Decatur now and we had a lovely few days visiting with all of them.  It was incredibly hot during our stay, which is probably good for the corn and soybean crops which can be seen all over this area.

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit, spending time catching up on family history and visiting the land of Lincoln, and finding ourselves useful in helping move Marion into her knew apartment.  We are always happy to find ourselves useful when we stay with family and friend.

We spent a day in Springfield touring the Lincoln Library and Museum.  I think that if I could have done it all over again I might have gotten a degree in history, I so love visiting historical sites and learning about them.  Of course at this point in time I don’t seem to be able to retain all of the information that I get from visiting these places, at least consciously.  I expect some day while I’m watching Jeopardy some little piece of information will crawl from the depths of my subconscious and that which I have learned from one of these visits will emerge. 

 

 
                                                           Old Capitol in forefront, with 
                                                           new Capitol in the background



Leave Sleep Inn Motel, Chicago, IL - 11:43am - 83°, sunny
Rte. 50S►57S►54W(Huck’s Gas, $2.05/gal)►51S
Arrive – Decatur, IL 4:20pm
Miles traveled – 162.5

No comments:

Post a Comment