Monday, December 17, 2018

California...finally

December 16-18, 2018

California is really far away....we finally reached the San Diego area, two days before our next pet/house sit starts.  We are staying in Santee, about a half hour away from our house sit and only 15 minutes from where Gabriela lives and works.

We arrived on Sunday, settled in and then connected with Gabriela.  She came to our hotel and we went out to dinner all together.  She's busy with studying for exams so we won't see her again until Thursday.

Monday was a "free" day.  Where we are staying there are several malls so I did a little Christmas shopping.  We're all a bit up in the air as to future plans so no big items this year.  The important thing is that we'll all be together and I'm extremely thankful for that.

I shopped but I also spent time at Gabriela's lab participating in a study for her friend and roommate Brittany.  I've been wanting to do a study but normally the participants need to be younger but this one they needed people my age...YEAH!  Unfortunately the program was not working correctly so I wasn't able to complete the main survey.  To my surprise I was paid $25 for my time, which I didn't realize would happen.  The study was a reading/comprehension study which would compare non deaf readers to deaf readers, very interesting.  On Thursday I'll be doing one of Gabriela's studies as well, hopefully all goes well with that.

Leave Casa Grande, AZ 9:31am, 50° sunny
Gas - Casa Grande Arco $2.62/gal
Rte. 10W
Gas - Yuma, AZ Exit 3 Love's $2.55/gal - we filled up before getting into CA knowing that gas prices are far higher in that state
12:40pm/11:40 am CA Welcomes us - time change as we cross the border
Arrive Rodeway Inn, Santee, CA 4:00pm/3:00pm
Miles traveled 338.4



No comments:

Post a Comment