Monday, December 10, 2018

Thanksgiving in Boston with Joe



November 21-23, 2018

What on earth were we still in the wet, cold, snowy northeast in November?  Well, our son was planning to move to the west coast after Thanksgiving and we were going to help move him.  He changed his mind about the timing, but we decided to stay until after Thanksgiving anyway.  The plan was to spend it with my sisters but the sense that it would be better for me to get moving took precedence over the desire to revisit the "family holiday" scene and all that that would entail.  I know that I disappointed my sisters and feel regret over that but I was dreading it, and because I could, I made the decision to begin the next adventure.

Our son, Joe, invited us to his apartment for the holiday and so that was what we did.  He was so excited to host Thanksgiving and it was nice to spend the holiday in Boston in a relatively relaxed environment.  We left Vermont the Wednesday morning before Thanksgiving in a snowstorm.  The driving was miserable for about two thirds of the time, visibility extremely poor.

Joe's Apple Crisp - he was so proud


Leave Waterbury, VT - 1:05pm, 28° snowing
Rte. 89S►93S
Gas - NH Exit 9, 89S near Warner, Shell, $2.51/gal 
Arrive - Somerville, MA (Jeffrey's apt., where we parked the truck and trailer) 5:04pm - Joe picked us up and we grocery shopped for Thanksgiving dinner before getting to Joe's apt.
Miles traveled - 188.1


No comments:

Post a Comment