Saturday, December 15, 2018

On The Road To Columbia, SC

November 28, 2018

Another nice visit was had in Media but it's time to get back on the road.  We are heading to Columbia, SC where we will pet/house sit at my cousin's house while they are in Israel.  We'll take two days to get there.

Leave Media, PA - 9:06am, 34°, windy
Rte. 476S (The Blue Route)►95S
enter DE at 9:20am (no welcome sign), ►495S (around Wilmington)►95S 
9:44am MD Welcomes us, we travel the Fort McHenry Tunnel on 95 through Baltimore - As we travel through MD I see signs for Upper Marlboro where my very good friend Naomi lived, she passed a couple of years ago and I miss her very much.  Delays around DC due to an accident and construction.  Virginia welcomes us at 11:43am
Gas - Exit 110, Shell - $2.34/gal $2.29 w/card 
►295S (around Richmond)►95S
2:42pm NC Welcomes us
Arrive - Quality Inn, Kenly, NC 4:15pm - (frustrating stay as there was issues with our room.  The water wasn't on and after several trips to the front desk it was turned on but it was gross, we'll never stay there again!  The good news is that the price was reduced by half.
Miles traveled - 398.4

November 29 - December 11, 2018

Back on the road, a relatively short trip to Columbia.  Stephen and Sandra left for their trip on the 28th, a neighbor took care of Maddie and Ally until we arrive.  The dogs were very happy to see us, I like to think that they remember us :)

It was here that I decided I needed to get my act together so decided to get back on my diet and to start exercising a little bit.  Having the dogs made it much easier to get into the rhythm of walking and I tried to do it daily even though it rained a lot while we were there.  I also started using exercise bands in an effort to firm up my under arm "wings".  

We went to a University of SC men's basketball game and were going to go to a women's game against Baylor (in preparation of possibly seeing Baylor at the NCAA final four in April) but Maddie took off for two hours and we didn't want to leave her out while we were away.  

Stephen & Sandra had a wonderful trip.  It was very interesting hearing all about it.  I guess I need to add Israel to the list of places to go :).  We stayed a few more days with them, hanging out and playing cards.  It rained the whole time that we were together and it was cold.  

We'll be heading back to Columbia in January for a month while Stephen & Sandra head down under.

One last thing to note about Columbia is that gas is super cheap here, we paid $1.84 with our Shell card...that's not a typo, gas under $2.00....crazy :)

Leave Kenly, NC 10:56am, 44° clear
Rte. 95S
SC Welcomes us 12:35pm
Gas - Exit 164 Pilot $2.15/gal
►20W
Arrive Columbia, SC 3:01pm
Miles Traveled 206.7




No comments:

Post a Comment