Sunday, January 14, 2018

Chicago in Pictures - The Art Institute of Chicago

Art Institute of Chicago:

The Art Institute of Chicago was FABULOUS!  We spent a lot of time here and still didn't see everything.  I love to go to art museums because there are so many pieces that you recognize from books, movies, pictures, and even board games.  Seeing them in person is something else.

I generally spend the majority of my time with the classics but in this museum I spent quite a bit of time with more modern, contemporary artists.  Wilson and I have a poet friend and we thought of him often during our time with the more modern artists.  Sometimes I just don't recognize the timeline significance of the various pieces of information and knowledge that I have.  It wasn't until I looked at some of the more modern pieces that I thought or realized that our friend may actually know or have known some of these artists....Ron?????

I took a lot of pictures and will post a lot as well....brief explanations or links to the pieces themselves will be included:

 
Renoir - Two Sisters (On the Terrace)                            Hopper - Nighthawks
             
Picasso - Nude under a Pine Tree              Jackson Pollock - Greyed Rainbow

Koons - Woman in Tub                Giacometti - Walking Man II      Warhol - Liz #3                    




No comments:

Post a Comment