Monday, January 15, 2018

Chicago in Pictures - Art Institute Continued & Hamilton

Chicago Art Institute Continued....

A few more photos....The piece of art that was the most moving for me was a painting by Marc Chagall.  I associate Chagall with stained glass not painting, so to find a painting was cause to stop and look a bit closer.  As you read the placard and look at the painting I'm sure you'll understand why this was such a powerful piece......for those of you who love his glass work, there is plenty of that on display here too 😊.

 

American Gothic is a classic, for me though the artist always eludes me.  I separate this from the rest as it will come up a little later in the blog as well and I didn't want it to get lost with the others.

 

Wood - American Gothic                              Trumbull/Sartain Portrait of Alexander Hamilton

The portrait of Alexander Hamilton was not necessarily a favorite, it's more of a segue to my evening out with Joe.....(fyi - segue technically is a transition without interruption but the word popped into my head and I so wanted to sound smarter then I am :))

 Hamilton - The Musical

 
 
So much fun....nosebleed section, but it was still fantastic!  Happy Quarter Century (March 7, 2018) Joe!


No comments:

Post a Comment