Friday, November 4, 2016

Cousins & Columbia

Thursday, November 3, 2016
One of the things that I find I am doing is reaching out more to friends and family while on this trip. Generally I do not put myself out there (I know many of you may not believe this, but if you really think about it I think you may be able to see that it's true...maybe not for my relationship with you but with groups of people in general) -- It's not like I don't hold conversations with people, I just don't think that I fully engage or I keep things light and funny (yes Terrie, I am funny, voted as such at Rotary, don't forget that!).  Much of that is because I don't feel that I have anything interesting to share...well this trip has changed that.  Conversations now start about our journey and how we got to where we are...from there I'm finding it interesting to have other conversations, more engagement with people that I may not have engaged fully previously.  I'm enjoying this especially with my family members.

We are now at the home of my cousins, Stephen and Sandra, in Columbia, SC. Stephen cooked several Lebanese dishes, which were delightful.  Of course, this lends itself to recipes, conversations about our family, and memories....I'm looking forward to more of these types of interactions during our stay here.  Not only did we talk but Stephen and Sandra are also gamers and we've already played the Brazilian card game Trunca and are even planning some bridge...I'm especially excited by the bridge as I don't get to play very often.  

Steve preparing for an evening of cards.
He's the one in the background :)
                                           
Leave Beaufort 12:32 pm
80°
Rte. 21N►601N►then a bunch of little roads/streets w/o route numbers
Arrive Columbia (NE side) 3:50 pm

2 comments:

  1. You are CHEATING! Playing Bridge while away! Not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps..since when did you change the spelling of my name, Pat?

    ReplyDelete