Friday, November 4, 2016

Day Trip to Savannah

Monday, October 31, 2016

I've wanted to go to Savannah ever since reading Midnight in the Garden of Evil.  I've also heard so much about how wonderful it was, which added to my desire to go there....there was a lot of build-up leading to the visit, that I didn't realize until after I got there.  Like a movie that is talked about so much prior to seeing it, there are certain expectations that by the time you actually see it, you are disappointed that it didn't meet them all.  That is how I felt about my visit to Savannah.  Don't get me wrong, it was nice, just not as nice as I expected....As you probably have figured out I like to visit historical places and this definitely fits the bill there...both for the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.  I most like the story about the cannons that were gifted to Savannah by George Washington, that were subsequently buried to hide them during the Civil War to avoid the Union seizing them...yes, I enjoyed that story, but ironically I didn't get a picture of them, so I guess you will have to look at them on the web - Washington's Guns...yeah, I'm really good at this blogging stuff.  I was feeling much more artsy that day :)  Below are some of the photos that I took....

         

               

1 comment:

  1. Ma and I stayed at a hotel on the river. Steve and Sandra came down to have dinner with us. We were both amazed at the size of the ships and how the giant coleus grew in the bright sun (it's normally a shade plant). Ever since I've looked for those varieties of coleus to no avail.

    ReplyDelete