Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Another Day in Austin

Monday, February 13, 2014

It's supposed to rain on Monday and Tuesday, but no worries, there are a million things to do inside. Check out this website if you're here and looking for things to do http://www.austintexas.org/.  So many things to do it was difficult to decide....There were several Escape Room activities that caught my eye....you know, you're stuck in a room and a crime or something has occurred and you have to figure out how to get out...this would have been cool if we were with a group but not something we really wanted to do with people we didn't know.  I think it's hard enough to deal with known personalities we didn't really want to deal with those that were unknown and more than likely we would have been paired with others....

So.....what did we do?  Well, we decided to go skydiving...yup, skydiving....well, not literally, we didn't go up in a plane and jump, we went to an indoor simulation.  I've known people who have done this and it sounded like a lot of fun.  Who doesn't want to fly?  It was certainly more than we would normally budget for an activity (I'm sure you figured out by now that we like free 😊) but it was almost Valentine's Day and we decided to splurge.  It was well worth the money and if you've never done it, you should definitely put it on your list.

Wilson was much better at it than I was...body position is so important as to how the wind interacts with your body...apparently I kept my back arched too much, which made me sink....but with the help of our spotter I did get some air:) - Sorry, for those of you who wanted to see Wilson, his video is too big to add to the blog :(


You can't visit Austin without experiencing a bit of the music scene.  Greg Izor, a beautiful harmonic player from Waterbury, lives here was scheduled to play at Antone's.  I was excited to see him, unfortunately his schedule changed so we didn't get to see him....No matter, we still went to Antone's and had a great time...Wilson and I even danced....

Sunday was nice, but I was feeling like I was missing out on the energy of the city.  I don't usually have a problem just walking about, but I wanted to "feel" the city.  Today was a perfect day, we went outside our comfort zones and I didn't feel like I was "middle-aged", which is an issue with me (I'll talk more on that at a later date, but it has been something that keeps popping up on this trip).

No comments:

Post a Comment