Monday, February 27, 2017

More Fun & Games in Columbia!

Friday - Tuesday, February 24-28, 2017

We are having another wonderful time with Stephen & Sandra.  They are on the go all the time and it's been great fun!

First of all, I'm an official Game Cock supporter.  I figure after one football game and two basketball games that I really should have some sort of official University of South Carolina logo wear...so I now have a Game Cock headband :)  I'll definitely be prepared next time we visit with them, as they are avid supporters of the Game Cocks!

While here we went to both a boys and girls basketball game.  We saw the girls cinch the SEC title and will definitely be watching the tournament, now that we have some familiarity with the players. This is the fourth year in a row that they have won their division.  For the third straight year they have also ranked #1 in attendance.  Of course, the girls games still do not bring in as many people in as the boys, but still there were a lot of folks in attendance.  I could at this point discuss the inequities of women's sports and then move on to the inequities of pay for women, etc., but I shan't do that to you ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I took a short video of the girls game but it didn't not transfer and I deleted it from the phone before I realized...yes, I know I could recover it and I actually looked to do that but Wilson's phone does not have a recently deleted videos file (unlike mine, but his phone is better at taking video & pictures)...and yes I could have downloaded an app to do this and I started to, but I would have needed to mess around with Wilson's settings and inevitably every time I do that it messes with his phone....best not to do that ๐Ÿ˜œ.  So...apparently I'm perpetuating the inequities by sharing an inferior clip of the boy's game....The picture you do get of the girl's game isn't even of the game, it's a picture of me and my cousin which is far more dear to me anyway!

 


Sporting events are not the only things we have been doing here in Columbia...We also have taken in a bit of theater.  Jessica, Steve & Sandra's eldest daughter teaches drama at a local high school and we had the opportunity to see Beauty & The Beast, the musical she directed.  Although the musical was enjoyable it was the dinner prior to the event that was the highlight for me.  We met up with Jessica's husband and two children for dinner and all I can really say was it was delightful!  David is warm and engaging and the kids are so much fun.  Their son, Jonah, kept us in stitches over finding crayons in our hair (amazing magic!) and their daughter Raegan was just a cute as can be!

We also have been playing a lot of cards...Pinochle, Oh Hell!, and Bridge.  Sandra has been on a winning streak, but I was able squeak out a win in Oh Hell!  Am I gloating?  In case you can't see my score, I starred it....Yup, a little bit ๐Ÿ˜
                                 

And, what about the debacle with the Oscar's?  What a crappy way to have ended the night...announcing the wrong Best Picture...how does that happen.....again?

We'll stay one more night here and then we are off to Asheville where we'll spend a night in a hotel before heading to our next house/pet sitting gig in Biltmore Villages.  I'm excited by this as I have a desire to see The Biltmore mansion...don't ask me why, but for some reason I do (not unlike my desire to see Monticello, although a presidential home probably is easier to explain vs. the mansion).




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like alot of funs been had. Give my love to Steve and Sandra. Steve looking more like his Dad๐Ÿ’—

    ReplyDelete